Re: [unrev-II] Cultivating the Songlines of the Noosphere

From: Peter Jones (ppj@concept67.fsnet.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 12:11:51 PDT

  • Next message: Peter Jones: "Re: [unrev-II] Do Bees Pay Each Other [WAS: Re: Engelbart and the self-organizing "collective intelligence" or "hive mind" concept]"

    Very interesting post from Jack this one. Pace Gil Regev's additional
    insights I would like to add another.
    We typically have a divide in the West between the systematic and the
    aesthetic.
    In Japan (if you read any credible history of the country [1]), this
    division has typically been less pronounced if not non-existent for them
    conceptually. Whether it is becoming more pronounced because of Western
    influence I do not know. However, I do think it interesting that this
    article is reaching to construct an approach to matters that I suspect the
    Japanese have inherently had for a long time.

    cheers,
    Peter

    [1] "Japan - A Short Cultural History," G. B. Sanson. (1931, '43, '52),
    (1952, Stanford UP, California)