[unrev-II] [Fwd: Apache Founder Speaks on Open Source at IBM - Aug. 8]

From: John J. Deneen (jjdeneen@ricochet.net)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 02:21:13 PDT

    Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of
    VeriSign's FREE Guide "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Get it now!
    http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?a=n094442340008000
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/6lIgYB/IWxCAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM

    attached mail follows:

    Join IBM and SDForum for a morning on Open Source and Linux. This seminar
    offers a unique opportunity to hear from Brian Behlendorf, President and
    Co-founder, The Apache Software Foundation, and also hear directly from IBM
    about their role in Linux technologies and this fast-growing industry.

    Space is limited so please register today!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Open Source and Linux Moving Into the Mainstream
    Wed, Aug 8, 8:30am-12:00pm, IBM Center, San Mateo, CA
    http://www.sdforum.org/IBMLinux (Cost: Free)

    * Keynote - Open Source Speaker: Brian Behlendorf
        President and Co-founder, The Apache Software Foundation
    * Open Source and Linux Speaker: Katalin Bartfai-Walcott,
         IBM Global Offering Executive, Linux and Open Source Strategy
    * Customer Speaker: Tom Leavitt
         Chief Architect, Pumpkin Networks
    * Demos: MQ Series, Linux on P Series, Pervasive Computing,
           Websphere, VA Java, DB2, and Lotus Notes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    To help you win in this dynamic market, The SDForum and the IBM San Mateo
    Solution Partnership Center are hosting a seminar, "Open Source & Linux
    Moving into the Mainstream", focusing on this continuously evolving
    operating environment that absorbs and integrates the best of open source
    and standards development. The open source nature of the code allows the
    large development community to rapidly exchange ideas and technologies at a
    much faster pace than in traditional software environments. Mark your
    calendars to join us and learn more about the operating system that has
    grown more quickly than any operating system in history, across a broad
    range of systems. Let this educational seminar accelerate your path to
    success!

    Attend this informative event and tour our IBM Solution Partnership Center.
    Enjoy breakfast, while networking with fellow developers and entrepreneurs
    in this fast growing market. Enter to win a free 2 day pass to Solutions,
    The IBM Technical Developer Conference in San Francisco, August 13 - 16
    (IBM's premier developer conference with more than 240 technical sessions).

    For more information, please contact Tricia Turner ( 650-524-5221) or Karen
    Lee (415-545-5893), or check for information and registration at
    http://www.sdforum.org/IBMLinux.

    Location:
    IBM Solution Partnership Center
    2929 Campus Drive, Suite 275, San Mateo, CA 94403
    Directions: http://www.developer.ibm.com/spc/spcwinfo.htm

    Registration:
    Cost: No charge; registration recommended to secure your space.
    Register at http://www.sdforum.org/IBMLinux

    To unsubscribe from the email notification list, send an email to
    mailto:events-request@sdforum.org, and type the word "leave" in the body
    of the email.

    | Delivered by Rockliffe MailSite: http://www.rockliffe.com/mailsite |
    | Rock Solid Internet Mail and List Server for Windows NT and Windows 2000 |