[unrev-II] Semantic Community Web Portal

From: Jack Park (jackpark@thinkalong.com)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 22:11:11 PDT

    While looking hard at DAML/OIL as the candidate detailed knowledge
    representation scheme for Nexist, I have run into numerous very interesting
    web pages. This is one such page, all starting by surfing from
    http://www.daml.org
    http://www9.org/w9cdrom/134/134.html

    "Community web portals serve as portals for the information needs of
    particular communities on the web. We here discuss how a comprehensive and
    flexible strategy for building and maintaining a high-value community web
    portal has been conceived and implemented. The strategy includes
    collaborative information provisioning by the community members. It is
    based on an ontology as a semantic backbone for accessing information on
    the portal, for contributing information, as well as for developing and
    maintaining the portal. We have also implemented a set of ontology-based
    tools that have facilitated the construction of our show case - the
    community web portal of the knowledge acquisition community."

    Secure all your Web servers now: Get your FREE Guide and learn to: DEPLOY THE LATEST ENCRYPTION,
    DELIVER TRANSPARENT PROTECTION, and More!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/k0k.gC/nT7CAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM