[unrev-II] More TouchGraph2

From: Jack Park (jackpark@thinkalong.com)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 22:22:57 PDT

    Got to playing around with TopicMap like structures. Results at
    http://www.thinkalong.com/Nexist/tgLivingThing.gif

    Decided to post the source code in its present state
    http://www.thinkalong.com/Nexist/tgsrc.zip

    Nodes now paint themselves.
    Nodes now have a shell of a NodePropertySheet, which has a shell of a
    PropertySheetEditor dialog.
    None of that is wired yet.

    There is no first node on boot.
    There is no drag to add a node. Drag only adds edges.
    All nodes are added by right click of the mouse.

    What's needed now:
            fiddle with node placement -- right now, drop a node on the canvas and it
    wanders off screen and you have to scroll around to find it.
            make edges paint themselves and allow them to have colors (a color ontology).

    Looking at the tgLivingThing gif, one can begin to make the case that
    Bernard did earlier: rollover popup of edge properties. That's tricky,
    particularly with the curved edges -- will be tricky (methinks) to figure
    out the bounding box for mouse detection. Worth a try, however.

    Now, we can begin to write an XML import/export routine for it. My plan is
    to grab the XTM import/export I already have, and, perhaps, my
    persistentXTM system as well (saves to RDBMS).

    Lots to think about.
    Cheers
    Jack

    Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide: "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Get it Now!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/n7RbFC/zhwCAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM