RE: [unrev-II] More TouchGraph2

From: Jack Park (jackpark@thinkalong.com)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 07:00:12 PDT

    I should point out that I have begun to add swing components. The basic TG
    is still awt, but some of the "featurettes" I have added are swing. They
    could be moved back to awt if that's important, but I have found that the
    Java plugin works just fine for applets; I'm using it mostly in application
    mode.

    Jack

    At 09:38 AM 9/11/2001 +0200, you wrote:
    >Jack, Alex,
    >
    >In my concept mapping applet I have a lot of the code that you are adding
    >to TouchGraph. Nodes can be painted in different colors, links can be
    >named. It reads the node and link structure from a URL that is given to it
    >by the hosting html page. The URL returns an XML file which the applet
    >parses. Nodes can contain other nodes. Nodes and links can have URL
    >attachments. Post-it notes can be added to nodes and links and act as
    >small chat rooms since all users can add in their comments.
    >
    >The applet and server form a collaborative platform so that users see in
    >slightly delayed real time what others are doing, who is logged in etc.
    >There's also a search mechanism.
    >
    >I don't have the lens and zoom capabilities which I always wanted to add.
    >
    >The code is too tangled though and in bad need of refactoring which is why
    >i never dared propose it as open source but a merge with TouchGraph could
    >be fun.
    >
    >Check it out at
    ><http://icapc4.epfl.ch/bootstrap>http://icapc4.epfl.ch/bootstrap.
    >
    >login: Bootstrap
    >password: Bootstrap
    >
    >Fire up the AWT version, it's faster and has most of the features. The
    >user manual link is broken because the applet's capabilities evolved
    >faster than I could update the manual.
    >
    >It runs fine on Windows machines. On Linux and Mac it's not as good even
    >though the code is pure Java.
    >
    >Gil

    Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide: "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Get it Now!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/n7RbFC/zhwCAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM