Re: [unrev-II] EWall

From: John J. Deneen (jjdeneen@netzero.net)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 10:43:56 PDT

    "EWall" reminds me of DARPA's Intelligent Communicator Collaboration & Visualization project for emergency information management for situation analyses.
    (see slides 6-15: Real-Time Ingest, Interoperable Federated Repositories, and Translingual Interaction)
    < http://www.darpa.mil/ito/research/im/infomgt_approved.pdf >

    "Battelle / Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is developing a multi-resolution wavelet-based methodology, called TOPIC-O-GRAPHY(TM), to decompose
    long natural language documents into thematically coherent and hierarchically-related sub-pieces. The concept is to exploit the hierarchical nature of
    typical discourse to produce visualization and analysis tools that permit the information contained in long documents to be more quickly identified and
    absorbed.

    In prior TOPIC-O-GRAPHY work, basic concepts were developed and demonstrated on individual test documents. The focus of this project is to improve the
    mathematics used in the wavelet processing for longer single documents and to extend the methodology to cross document analysis. The basic research will be
    showcased by a suite of visualization and analytical tools promoting highly interactive information exploration, summarization, and retrieval."
    < http://multimedia.pnl.gov:2080/topicography >

    Also, TOPIC-O-GRAPHY is a project funded by DARPA's Intelligent Communicator Collaboration & Visualization project for emergency information management for
    situation analyses (see my e-mail on 9/18/01 about Visual Presentation Methods).