[unrev-II] Temporal Representation ?

From: blincoln (david@tsri.org)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 12:49:44 PDT

    Jack Park wrote:

    >If we are ever going to manage human affairs with computer programs, and,
    >at the same time, augment human capabilities, then we will need to come to
    >grips with temporal representation and reasoning.

    Can you explain what Temporal Representation and Temporal
    Reasoning are?

    Obviously being able to represent time is useful including document
    change over time, etc.

    But it isn't clear to me how Temporal issues would affect the
    affect the design of The System. Does it suggest the use of
    a versioning system on all data so that changes over time
    can be tracked? Does it suggest something else?

    bcl

    Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site: encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/UnN2wB/m5_CAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM