[unrev-II] Important Quotes

From: Jack Park (jackpark@thinkalong.com)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 15:15:44 PDT

    Found at http://www.alike.com/html/main_html/inspirations.html

    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." Mark Twain

    "It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education." Albert Einstein

    "Education is not filling a bucket, but lighting a fire." William Yeats

    "Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is."
    Isaac Asimov

    "We are students of words; we are shut up in schools, and colleges, and
    recitation rooms, for ten or fifteen years, and come out at last with a bag
    of wind, a memory of words, and do not know a thing." Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "Too often we give our children answers to remember rather than problems to
    solve." Roger Lewin

    "Education is a private matter between the person and the world of
    knowledge and experience, and has little to do with school or college."
    Lillian Smith

    "Education is not received. It is achieved." Author Unknown

    "Education, then, beyond all other devices of human origin, is the great
    equalizer of the conditions of men, -- the balance-wheel of the social
    machinery." Horace Mann

    "What we call education and culture is for the most part nothing but the
    substitution of reading for experience, of literature for life, of the
    obsolete fictitious for the contemporary real."George Bernard Shaw

    Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/yQix2C/33_CAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM