RE: [unrev-II] A small quiz

From: Dennis E. Hamilton (dennis.hamilton@acm.org)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 06:46:32 PST

    Before I read the next response from Gil, I noticed that the human nervous
    system satisfies these conditions.

    I was thrown by "device," but once I started thinking outside the brain, it
    made sense to me.

    This did not occur to me until I saw the list of questions that Gil
    compiled.

    event-based (synapses firing, triggers from sensors, receptors, etc.)

    embedded and network for sure

    concurrency intensive operations for sure (thinking about coordinated
    activity among the many functions of the human body)

    minimal hardware requirements (hard to interpret here, depending on how we
    split hairs on what constitutes hardware: excluding wetware, meatware,
    what-have-you, the condition is satisfied).

    I wouldn't say there was a TinyOS, but that wasn't described as one of the
    requirements,actually -- only that it require minimal hardware!

    -- Dennis