[ba-ohs-talk] bootstrap list message content & purple numbers

I've just hacked a desperate perl script (yep, I need the practice) that
accesses the HTML archives for
ba-unrev-talk, in the hopes of being able to add some interesting metadata
to the backlink db... eventually.
In doing so, I began looking into programmatic processing of message bodies
to extract keywords.
And then I noticed something incidentally potentially irksome about purple
numbering in this message    (01)

http://www.bootstrap.org/lists/ba-unrev-talk/0111/msg00014.html    (02)

Lots of sentences and paragraphs, but only 1 purple number because the '>'s
cloud the issue.    (03)

Would it be better to replace >s with indents in the HTML prior to adding
purple numbering?    (04)

Just a thought.    (05)

Peter    (06)