Re: [ba-ohs-talk] What are we trying to accomplish?

On Thursday, May 23, 2002, at 07:36 AM, Murray Altheim wrote:    (01)

> This is why I'm not trying to develop an OHS, just some functional
> tools for authors. The "synthesis" that is occurring right now is
> happening at the code level, not the design level, such that I can
> fairly easily incorporate other projects (like XML parsers, HTML
> markup cleaners, node visualizers, etc.) into my project, as part
> of my design.    (02)

Low-level lego bricks, but not robolab/mindstorms designs. I think that
while positioning for larger syntheses and co-designs, working in a
loosely coupled fashion, with hooks into identifiable nodes, will
promote bottom-up interoperability.    (03)

For example, if this mailing-list provides (ie, pushes at us) e-mail
messages with purple numbers exposed, these purple numbers will serve as
hooks into the identified and archived nodes (REST-visible). Our various
tools, client-side to begin with, can then grab these and impose our own
organizations on them.    (04)

This seemed like something eekim and John Sechrest were working on: cf
http://www.bootstrap.org/lists/ba-ohs-talk/0203/msg00042.html#nid04:    (05)

>     * From: Eugene Eric Kim <eekim@eekim.com>
>     * Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 16:15:56 -0800 (PST)
>
> On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, John Sechrest wrote:    (01)
>
> >  Please go into majordomo's config.
> >  And in it set the "Footer" to be a reference to the list:
> >
> > http://www.bootstrap.org/lists/ba-ohs-talk/0203/dates.html    (02)
>
> Good idea.    (03)
>
> We can hack majordomo to include this information in an X- mail header
> too.    (04)
>    (06)

Cheers,
Mark    (07)