From: "Jack Park" <jackpark@thinkalong.com>
To: <ba-ohs-talk@bootstrap.org>
Cc: <pORT-L@LISTSERV.IUPUI.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 4:58 PM
Subject: [ba-ohs-talk] Simple Hierarchical Multi-Perspective viewer    (04)

http://www.csr.uvic.ca/shrimpviews/introduction.htm    (05)

"While SHriMP (Simple Hierarchical Multi-Perspective) was originally
designed for visualizing and exploring software architecture, it is
language independent and can be used for browsing any information space.
In
this manual we first demonstrate how SHriMP can be used to visualize and
explore Java programs and a knowledge base.We then later discuss how
SHriMP
can be used for browsing a knowledge base in the Protégé knowledge
management tool."    (06)

...    (07)

"As mentioned above, SHriMP can also be used for viewing knowledge
bases.
The knowledge base example provided in SHriMP was produced using
Protégé.
Protégé, created at Stanford University, is a tool for the creation,
editing, and querying of frame-based ontologies. This example shows how
Shrimp can plug into Protégé and read data from it. In this case, Shrimp
visualizes the hierarchy based on the slot chosen by the user. To
illustrate the flexibility of Shrimp, this demo will show how the
structure
of the hierarchy can be changed dynamically."    (08)

"Jambalaya is the keyword we use to describe a project to integrate
SHriMP
with the Protege tool. "    (09)

It's free for academic use.  I do not know if source code is included.    (010)