Re: [Fwd: Re: terminology for purple numbers]

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Eugene Eric Kim wrote:    (01)

> What about 'hid' -- hierarchical ID -- which is what Purple uses?  I was
> backing away from it before, but the discussion made me want to return to
> it again.  That's what those addresses do, after all -- express hierarchy.    (02)

Okay, Murray and I chatted after yesterday's meeting, and agreed on the
following convention:    (03)

    "nid" for node IDs
    "hid" for hierarchical IDs    (04)

I'll try to get release of Purple out this weekend that supports these
changes.  I'll also add new anchors to legacy content, so that they
support this new convention but old links don't break.    (05)

-Eugene    (06)

--
+=== Eugene Eric Kim ===== eekim@eekim.com ===== http://www.eekim.com/ ===+
|       "Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they        |