Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Granular Addressability in TEXT documents - ON THE FLY!

Matthew Schneider wrote:    (01)

> DISCLAIMER: I submitted a very similar "solution" several weeks ago to the
> ba-unrev-talk mail list.
>
> At the time of the submittal I asked if anyone was aware of similar
> "solutions". No one replied in the affirmative and the solution got good
> reviews from those who responded. Responses from two well respected
> participants of the mail list (Eric Armstrong and Eugene Eric Kim, both very
> familiar with this subject) were particularly enthusiastic.
>
> Because of this, I have been led to believe that this is potentially very
> important to the resolution of the subject issue. As such I am submitting
> this new but anticipated twist (suggested by "Peter  Jones"
> <ppj@concept67.fsnet.co.uk>) for your consideration and opinion.
>
> Please excuse my ignorance if you find it to be trivial.    (02)

Sorry I missed this one.    (03)

Actually, I will be releasing a reduced version of my open source
Java application (Ceryle) called "Cerylette" that performs only
a few functions.    (04)

One of them is to take any text document, or a document containing
APT codes (Augmented Plain Text), generating plinked XHTML. This
will include paragraph-level links and link targets.    (05)

This is something I'm working up for Jon Awbrey and others who wanted
a quick way to generate web pages.    (06)

[We can discuss this offline or online if you wish.]    (07)

Murray    (08)

Murray Altheim                  <http://kmi.open.ac.uk/people/murray/>
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK    (09)

      Stop the Bush-Cheney Reign of Terror:  no war in Iraq!
      2800 people dead in New York? 1 million in Iraq, about
      half a million of them children. Sanctions against Iraq
      include vaccines and even chlorine -- end the sanctions!
      http://www.globalissues.org/Geopolitics/MiddleEast/Iraq.asp    (010)