Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Spring

On Monday, September 30, 2002, at 12:48  PM, Jack Park wrote:
> There is a demo that downloads with Jazz
> http://www.cs.umd.edu/hcil/jazz/ that is somewhat similar to spring,
> though not as fully developed.    (01)

I downloaded Spring and tried it out. Very disappointing, I'm sorry to
say.    (02)

The context sensitive linking between two objects was interesting, but
flawed. When you have to email the programmer to ask for new ways for
two objects to be linked, it just isn't going to scale at all.    (03)

On a brighter note, it appears that these small projects are starting
to link together with collaborative ideas. They're small enough that
they're able to design for each other's functionality. While the
programs aren't terribly impressive now, they're on the right path.    (04)

Collaboration is certainly coming to the front of public consciousness
so I suspect things are going to become very interesting and quite soon
now.    (05)

Program recommendation of the day: NetNewsWire... this really is worth
a look if you blog or read news websites and have an OS X machine.    (06)

	http://ranchero.com/software/netnewswire/    (07)

--
   spwhite@chariot.net.au    (08)