Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Immutable Granular Addressability: Rehash?

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Peter  Jones wrote:    (01)

> > >     - Their display of the document is purplized. The purple number is
> > >       short, globally unique, persistent, and not associated with the
> > >       parent document. That is, it is its own URL. It is the id of the
> > >       node.
>
> Another comment, similar to the first:
> All current browsers work on URI path information to navigate to a specific node
> address *within* a document.
> It sounds like what you say above breaks that.

I was suggesting that the purple numbers have their own URL as that
would ease transclusions. Retrieving just the node or its context as
well could be in the URL, I'm guessing.    (03)

Realize that I'm making this up as I go. As the man said:
brainstorming.    (04)

--
Chris Dent  <cdent@burningchrome.com>  http://www.burningchrome.com/~cdent/
"If you assume that there is an instinct for freedom, that there are