[ba-unrev-talk] Re: Ruby for learning O-O concepts

Now that I've gotten into a little deeper, I'm even more impressed.
It's definitely the SmallTalk approach to things -- an approach I
stumbled over when I first tried to learn O-O, but which I've grown
increasingly desirous of since having to special-case Java primitives
all the time.    (01)

In particular, though, the fact that you can try things out interactively
suggests that this language really would be great for learning O-O
concepts -- and the pragmatic tutorial you refer to is doing a pretty
darn good job of providing the intro.    (02)