Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Humble pie in academia

Henry K van Eyken wrote:    (01)

> ...You say that java.awt.* is outdated.
> That is precisely what we are in: JBuilder + awt + object-oriented
> programming all in one go - and without a textbook to support this
> approach.    (02)

Unreal. My book is *designed* as a textbook for teaching Java
and O-O programming using JBuilder as the environment. That's
precisely the audience I had in mind as I wrote.    (03)

The full title is The JBuilder 2 Tutorial. Really surprising that it's not
being used for this particular class.    (04)

Personally, I'd substitute Swing classes for AWT, and Collections
classes (Lists, in particular) for Vectors. I'd be tempted to avoid
arrays, too, if I could. (Too many APIs require them, though.)    (05)

But if the class is using AWT anyway, ...    (06)