[unrev-II] Alliance and Partners

From: Rod Welch (rowelch@attglobal.net)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 16:07:58 PST

    Eric,

    You have the talent to create a KM platform. As an observer, my sense from your
    letter on 001017 is that you are covering too wide a sweep with the initial
    effort. Forget about versionable, and the other ...ables for now. Start with
    just connecting stuff. Everything else will grow. Start with a general, basic
    platform that lets you add stuff. As you gain experience, you will discover
    what is needed. That is how I started in 1985. You are umpteen miles smarter
    and more talented, so you can grow your system faster, but you cannot grow it at
    all, if you don't get started using a new tool. In your case, I really feel it
    has to be of your own making, so use your experience with the outline project
    you did, but by all means get started.

    Keep in mind the initial goal is to produce communication that links to the
    record, per Doug's request on 001025. That is a good place to start, if you
    don't start with SDS. Once you produce some work product, you will get
    suggestions from the team.

    Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving.

    Rod