[unrev-II] Spirit of America

From: Rod Welch (rowelch@attglobal.net)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 15:53:20 PDT

    Eric,

    Thanks for the op ed, reminding again about the binary forces of nature....

    http://www.welchco.com/03/00050/01/09/03/02/03/0309.HTM#XF6F

    The spirit of America -- "Can do! Let's build it!" is contra posed by the
    spirit of "Can't do, so let's blow up what others get done."

    On 010911 innovation and dedication brought terror and havoc to unsuspecting
    targets. Now, larger forces of innovation and industry are being dedicated to
    bring our enemies to justice, or bring justice to them, to borrow a phrase.

    So, we learn the lesson again that the price of freedom is eternal vigilance
    that increases the cost and lowers the opportunity for harm.

    Again, good op ed piece.

    Rod

    Eric Armstrong wrote:

    > A NY Times Op Ed piece, from
    > http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/25/opinion/25FRIE.html?todaysheadlines
    >
    > "Unable to actually imprison us, these terrorists want us to imprison
    > ourselves.
    >
    > "Sorry, but no way. It breaks my heart to think about the people who
    > lost
    > loved ones on Sept. 11, but I will not let it break my spirit.
    >
    > "I went to the ballgame Friday night, took in Dvorak's "New World"
    > Symphony at the Kennedy Center Saturday, took my girls out to breakfast
    > in
    > Washington Sunday morning, and then flew to the University of Michigan.
    >
    > Heck, I even went out yesterday and bought some stock. What a great
    > country.
    >
    > "I wonder what Osama bin Laden did in his cave in Afghanistan yesterday?
    >
    > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
    > [Image]

    Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/JNm9_D/33_CAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM