[unrev-II] Bootstrap Alliance changes; new mailing lists

From: Eugene Eric Kim (eekim@eekim.com)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 15:16:20 PST

    Dear Bootstrap community,

    Most of you are familiar with Doug Engelbart's life mission: to
    improve humanity's collective capability for solving complex, urgent
    problems. A few years ago, Doug established the Bootstrap Alliance
    (BA) in order to help further his goals. Most recently, Peter Yim
    organized and led the 2000 Stanford Colloquium under the umbrella of
    BA, for which the unrev-ii mailing list was created.

    Over the past several months, BA has been undergoing several
    structural changes in order to make more specific and tangible
    progress in setting up a Bootstrap framework: coordinating the work of
    those who wish to contribute to extending Doug's legacy, fundraising,
    communicating the Bootstrap message, and so on. One significant
    change was the establishment of the Core Planning Committee (CPC),
    which has inherited the responsibility for BA's operations.

    The CPC consists of Doug, myself, Jack Park, Karen Robbins, and Mei
    Lin Fung, who chairs the committee. We have made significant progress
    in several areas, and will have a number of announcements to make over
    the next few weeks.

    The first announcement is the creation of three new mailing lists:

        BA-unrev-talk@bootstrap.org
        BA-ohs-talk@bootstrap.org

    BA-ohs-talk will replace the ohs-dev, ohs-talk, and ohs-lc mailing lists
    currently on bootstrap.org. Existing subscribers won't have to do
    anything to subscribe; they have been automatically migrated to the
    new list.

    BA-unrev-talk will replace this Yahoo Groups mailing list.
    Unfortunately, due to some snafus with the Yahoo Groups system, we are
    not able to automatically migrate everyone on unrev-ii to the new
    list, so all of you will have to join the new list manually.

    Instructions for subscribing and unsubscribing to the new lists, as
    well as links to the archives, are at:

        http://www.bootstrap.org/lists/

    These new lists are active immediately. We will expire unrev-ii in a
    few weeks.

    Finally, one of the CPC's main goals is to improve the communication
    channels between BA and the rest of this community. The energy,
    enthusiasm, and commitment of the Bootstrap community is what has kept
    this initiative alive, and we hope to build on that. In this vein, we
    welcome feedback. Please feel free to e-mail your thoughts, comments,
    questions, and ideas to feedback@bootstrap.org. We may not be able to
    respond to every e-mail, but we will read and consider all of your
    comments carefully.

    Thanks!

    -Eugene
     Bootstrap Alliance, Core Planning Committee member

    --
    +=== Eugene Eric Kim ===== eekim@eekim.com ===== http://www.eekim.com/ ===+
    |       "Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they        |

    ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~--> E-mail viral marketing - with FastTree Email to 50. You might reach 500. Unlimited use and tracking, $20/mo. http://www.fasttree.com/s/11.htm http://us.click.yahoo.com/7XXUJB/MJRDAA/fzPGAA/IHFolB/TM ---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

    Shortcut URL to this page: http://www.onelist.com/community/unrev-II