Re: [unrev-II] Bootstrap Alliance changes; new mailing lists

From: Peter P. Yim (yimpp@cim-oem.com)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 11:26:38 PST

    This is great! Welcome UnRev-III (?) !

    I appreciate my name being mentioned in association with the UnRev-II colloquium, but I was just
    one among many who got that program out.

    To set the record straight, the UnRev-II Engelbart Colloquium at Stanford was actually put together
    by Doug with the support of more than 50 volunteers and 30 guest speakers. See
    http://www.bootstrap.org/alliance/dkr/people.htm & http://www.bootstrap.org/colloquium/credits.html
    to appreciate who and what was involved.

    However, if particular names should be mentioned, I think the following must be--

      Mary Dye, Christina Engelbart, Jeff Rulifson & Pat Rush -- for coming up with the idea in the
    first place.
      Pierluigi Zappacosta -- who donated his own money and twisted the arms of his friends to get us
    all the funding to do it,
      Marcelo Hoffmann -- who worked out the entire program content with Doug (because if I were the
    producer, then Marcelo would have been the director of the act),
      Paul Marca & Julia Harms and folks at Stanford SCPD -- who defied all obstacles to mount this
    program at Stanford (and, of course, they *were* the real producers, not me), and
      Mary Coppernoll, Shinya Yamada, Frode Hegland and later Henry van Eyken -- who took care of the
    administration, the technology infrastructure and the colloquium website.

    Thank you, Doug, for the inspiration.

    Keep going, BA-CPC!

    -ppy

    --

    ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~--> Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95 Refill any ink cartridge for less! Includes black and color ink. http://us.click.yahoo.com/ltH6zA/MkNDAA/ySSFAA/IHFolB/TM ---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

    Shortcut URL to this page: http://www.onelist.com/community/unrev-II