Re: [unrev-II] Visual stimuli & IBIS methodology

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@sun.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 14:57:34 PST

    Jeff Conklin wrote:

    > Anonymity cuts both ways. It can be great for leveling the playing field. But there's also literature to support the view that people rely heavily on the source of a piece of information or viewpoint as an indicator of it's validity. Denied that indicator, they can feel that the system, full of anonymous comments, is too sterile to be useful. Anonymity is a useful tool for certain situations ... but I doubt it can be the norm for effective project work.

    Long term usefulness of generated information seems to require attribution.
    Short term and real-time discussions appear to benefit from anonymity.

    I suspect the answer is for the system to record attributions, but hide them until
    they are "made public". Naturally, it is the author who must authorize publication
    of attributions.

    Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
    Refill any ink cartridge for less!
    Includes black and color ink.