Re: Towards a Graph API was Re: [ba-ohs-talk] New backlink metadata; mhpurple v0.2 released

>Let's a design a distributed repository that all of these tools could
>easily plug into.  This repository could store any data with a graph-like
>data model ...    (01)

That's appealing but don't underestimate the amount of work that is.
We (R-Objects and its predecessors) started implementing a p2p
distributed, object-oriented (as in class-association-attribute),
replicated, schema-driven, repository almost four years ago, and now
it is basically there and working. But it took four years and several
million in funding went into it. And we had related experience before.    (02)

<self-advertisement> BTW, our technology is not quite open source,
but close: free for non-commercial use, source code available,
changes allowed and do not have to be put back. www.r-objects.org
</self-advertisement>    (03)