Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Email and shared space (was Wiki experiences?)

Chris > Is there an OHS goal statement of some kind?     (01)

there probably are a few, but the one that is most clear to me
is that it is a tool to allow collaborative work on a single (or closely
related set) of well defined problem(s). At one level it is a way
to collect and organize information about the problem but the
test will be whether the information can be pounded into a
useable response that actually helps solve the problem.     (02)

> I think hoisting is a crucial feature that is going to be a large
> challenge because it will be difficult to automate, so someone is
> going to need to do it.    (03)

There will be automated helpers, for example a tool that allows
combined automated and human organizing and visualization
of the problem and solution space(s), but i think the main brain
and keyboard work must be done by the collaborators. That
is, 'somebody' takes the next step by sifting through the data
in this 'authoring/browsing/referencing/messaging' environment
to grab the apparently meaningful parts and relationships
and organize the factoids/items for resubmission to the
group in a way that helps illuminate or clarify the problem, or
maybe even provide all or part of the solution to the problem.
This is the grunt work and the creative work and it won't get
done by itself or by automated tools except for problems
that are solvable by machine discoverable algorithms.     (04)

> Could it be linked to the
> footer of mail messages sent out to the list?     (05)

This sort of definition is why a very important component of
the DKR/OHS is the Goal or Problem statement and definition.
In a real system, this might be one of the first items entered so
that it serves as a constant reminder of the objective of the
system and the collaborators.     (06)

Chris, I like your 'Quantum Superpositions of Information'
article. I think the integration of the information into an
understanding of the problem (making the information
become knowledge), for complex problems means that
an individual or team team uses creative insight along with
a toolset focusable on the Goal/problem.      (07)

Thank You and Best Regards,
Joe    (08)

http://www.hypermultimedia.com/DKR/model2.htm     (09)