[ba-ohs-talk] TouchGraph used on Langreiter.com

Great news:  Christian Langreiter of http://www.langreiter.com has integrated TouchGraph into his Vanilla Hypertext System http://www.langreiter.com/space/vanilla-download

Here is a screenshot: http://www.touchgraph.com/Langreiter_TG.jpg

So what is Vanilla?
"Vanilla is a simple hypertext system - a so-called WikiClone written in REBOL. To be buzzword-compliant, it is also an idea interconnection system and a thought flexibilitizer"

Rebol by the way, is apparently a hot relatively new language quoted as being "Perl, Java, and CORBA rolled up into one little 200 KB package".

To see the application in action, click on any internal node on Langreiter.com ( for instance http://www.langreiter.com/space/TouchGraph ) , and click on the graph icon in the upper right. When the applet loads you should see a graph centered about the node you've selected. When there, make sure to do the following things: Double click on nodes to retrieve more data from the database (otherwise you just see the locally cached set). Also Right click on nodes to see some interesting options, specifically the option to go back to the html view where you can see the text of the node.

This implementation is interesting, because one can easily see it being applied to visualize that recently created Backlink Database.  The same strategy of rendering the DB as a series of connected trees with a Date/Post/Internal-link hierarchy could be followed.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to undertake this task myself, because I am working hard to get out the next LinkBrowser version.  As usual though, I would be more then happy to assist anyone willing to try it.  (Maybe it would be best to wait for the next LinkBrowser release, because this should clear up a lot of the coding issues.)

Cheers
--Alex