[ba-ohs-talk] PM Network Q & A Article

Ross,    (01)

PMI and related professionals have developed techniques for tracking
cost and schedule metrics, and in recent years these have have been
integrated using the Cost/Schedule Control System Criteria (C/SCSC)
developed for measuring progress on major procurements by DOD.  On
950202 Harold Kerzner lectured on the importance of integrated
solutions...    (02)

http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/95/02/02/093022.HTM#0001    (03)

What has been missing up until now are Communication Metrics that
complement traditional methods.  Since communication is a predicate to
action, aligning daily communication necessarily has a bigger impact
on saving time and money than simply measuring cost and schedule after
the fact.  What are these metrics? The US Army Corps of Engineers
published a report showing that unanswered correspondence, pending
action items, overlooked subjects at meetings, and aligning daily work
with objectives, requirements and commitments are critical ways to
measure progress, and reduce costs at the rate of about 10:1....    (04)

http://www.welchco.com/04/00065/60/97/10/0702.HTM#0001    (05)

Benefits of Com Metrics are further explained in NWO that was
published in an earlier form by PMI in 1996...    (06)

http://www.welchco.com/03/00050/01/09/03/02/03/0309.HTM#0742    (07)

Hope this helps.  For a longer anecdote, see the record of PMI's
Asilomar Conference on 940611 presenting a case study that illustrates
how communication gets mixed up to delay progress...    (08)

http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/94/06/11/083850.HTM#8239    (09)

PMI tried to fix this problem a few years later, and made good
progress, but there is still quite a bit to do...    (010)

http://www.welchco.com/04/00009/03/0008.HTM#0001    (011)

Your Q&A article may help.    (012)

Rod    (013)