Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Licensing of the unrevii email archives

Thank you, Paul, for the posting.    (01)

>  Someone there in a legal position of authority there (like Doug)
>  could just submit to the email list a clear statement of their
>  permission for republication of the archive ...    (02)

I second. I would suggest that the BA-CPC helps coordinate the release of such a statement by the
Bootstrap Institute as a matter of urgency.    (03)

The issue of licensing has been raised a few time previously. While "what is the most appropriate
open licensing arrangement for Bootstrap work can still be discussed, Paul's suggestion here offers
a solution to do away with interim IPR obstacles that may be deterring the bootstrap community from
using contents in a way that is probably intended or desired in the first place.    (04)

-ppy    (05)

P.S.  For those who joined the discussion more recently, I was responsible (with no regret) for
crafting the version of the UnRev-II "Permission to Use" statement as it appeared for the Stanford
Colloquium.  -ppy

Paul Fernhout wrote Sat, 20 Apr 2002 09:48:40 -0400:    (07)