Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Concept: Typed Versioning

Lee > It's still an open question as to what a "link type" really is.  If we
> stick to the data-knowledge-context modularization that I've argued for,
> then "semantic" links could be held in the "data" system, but would need
> some sort of external maintenance.    (01)

The external maintenance is what actually makes a creative
collaborative effort to answer a question or achieve a goal
get to a success. Given the best tools to manipulate the
live, shared, interactive repository, then the human intelligence
adds the ability to establish these semantic links between nodes
in (for example) experience, learning, and knowledge categories
to  summarize and synthesize. Given a graphical data structure
(nD+1D of course), then one external maintenance operation
is just manipulating the structure to get my own personal view.
Just rearranging the visualization from the data link representation,
which is the simple part, to the version that happens when I apply
mine and others semantic links to the nodes. Then maybe another
collaborator, or even a programmable tool of the repository, gives
another hint in how to interact with this representation of the problem
or solution.
In all this, finally it will be the 'ease' of this external maintenance that
elevates a simple data/information repository to status of a usable
repository that actually does some work to solve a problem or achieve
some goal.
So an example is that I am looking at a visualization of a repository using
some graph of nodes. The initial state might show the data link
representations of node hierarchies for topics. That is, each node is
represented by its basic properties defined for this repository.
So now I navigate the node map making changes in the connections
to produce my semantic view of the structure and thus add
information to the repository.     (02)

Thank You and Best Regards,
Joe       (03)