Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Concept: Typed Versioning

On 22 Mar 2002, Lee Iverson wrote:    (01)

> It's still an open question as to what a "link type" really is.  If we
> stick to the data-knowledge-context modularization that I've argued for,
> then "semantic" links could be held in the "data" system, but would need
> some sort of external maintenance.    (02)

Why?    (03)

I understand how the external maintenance would work.  But why store link
semantics outside of the box in the first place?    (04)

If you don't store link semantics in the system, then you can't do things
like represent the data model of a Topic Map.  You could represent the
data model of an XTM document, but those are two different things.    (05)

-Eugene    (06)

--
+=== Eugene Eric Kim ===== eekim@eekim.com ===== http://www.eekim.com/ ===+
|       "Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they        |