Re: Deep contexts WAS: Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Re: A modest proposal

Hi Joe    (01)

That part of the argument was merely expository, not real. The merge is
never automagic under that rule. It is a logical regress.    (02)

The _real_ set of rules in TMPM4 rely on PSIs, which take care of that
problem.    (03)

All I am trying to do in relation to topic maps is strengthen the data
model so that it will better support KR.
For the KR aims I have in mind, my view is that the data model for Topic
Maps needs a slight modification, and also I don't think the merger
rules in TMPM4 are strong enough.    (04)

It might not change the fact that one might have to manually merge, say,
4 topics in a million, but it might prevent one
having to manually untangle 100,000 in a million.
That's the plan anyway.    (05)

Cheers,
--
Peter    (06)