Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Scopeware - Sound Off!

Well, much of "critical missing piece" seems to have been put in place, except
that it is commercial. Do I foresee an Augment/OHS/Hyperscope vs Scopeware like
we have Linux vs Windows? Do we need to gear up for public domain applicability
for use by non-profits?    (01)

Patented appears to be a "rolling interface" on handhelds (which you'll find
illustrated at http://www.scopeware.com/products/products_mobile.htm ).    (02)

One interface hurdle overcome: "Do you need to convert large volumes of legacy
paper documents to electronic format? Scopeware 2.0 S&R (Scan and Retrieval)
automatically captures and organizes streams of scanned digital documents,
converts  them to text using OCR technology, and then stores the original image
with the connverted text." With info elsewhere on the site (much of) the
HyperScope taken care of. Nothing on backlinking as far as I have seen.    (03)

I just looked at Lycoris (Redmond Linux) in which they hace a CD copier. That
copier really is a front end to assemble a pack of individual softwares to do
their own, distinct things. This suggests to me that a temporary OHS arrangement
may be made by locating and comparing various softwares that take care of various
aspects of OHS (while in the meantime pursuing a properly integrated package).    (04)

One of the people behind Scopeware is David Gelernter.    (05)

Henry    (06)

Jack Park wrote:    (07)