Re: [ba-ohs-talk] FW: IBIS vocabulary (RDF, PSIs)

The generalized Argument is a node which is capable of satisfying two
different arcs. One argument can be, at once, pro to one idea and con to
another.    (01)

A Map node is one in which you take off in a linked, but perhaps orthogonal
direction.  Using the Map node, it becomes possible to build maps of maps,
maps of many discussions.    (02)

Hope that helps.
Jack    (03)

At 03:39 PM 12/16/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>It looks pretty good. My two questions were:
>   1) Given the pro/con pair, why have an "Argument", as well?
>   2) What does  "Map" do, anyway?
>
>Danny Ayers wrote:
>
> > (apologies if you get this twice - first time around I sent it to
> > owner-ba-ohs-talk@bootstrap.org)
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just done a little update of this vocabulary, I've modified it to come
> > closer to the QuestMap terms and stated the terms as Topic Map PSIs. I'm no
> > expert in either of these domains (or any other!), so would very much
> > appreciated feedback and suggestions. Any links to current uses of IBIS &
> > significant documents would also be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > http://purl.org/ibis
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Danny.
> >
> > (Jack - do you have an example QuestMap screenshot/file I could include
> > using all the terms? It would also be nice to refer to the QM XML
> > serialization)

> > Danny Ayers
> >
> > Semantic Web Log :
> > http://www.citnames.com/blog
> >
> > "The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne." - Chaucer    (04)

XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.    (05)

http://www.nexist.org/wiki/User0Blog    (06)