Re: Adding <meta> tags to XML documents

The word "sucks" was, of course, too harsh. But it was
aimed at concepts, not people. I took liberties with
the language, forgetting that there are new people
involved who have't had the history to understand my
intentions.    (01)

I believe that the archive will show that I've written
something in the neighborhood of 50,000 words on the
subject of how best to share and reuse ideas and
information. I don't think that any of that material
reflected an inclination to be closed minded, unhelpful,
or obstructive. And I really can't say that I enjoy
being labeled as such.    (02)

On the other hand, I've probably already contributed the
best thinking I have on the subject, and I'm not sure
how much more I can really do.    (03)

I'm an artist and mathematician by tempermant and training,
not an engineer. So I like "perfect" solutions. They're
few and far between, of course. More is the pity.    (04)

The concept of keeping meta data externally has always had
the  problem of maintaining updates. The concept of keeping
it internally has the problems I alluded to in the most
recent post -- the difficulty of classifying information
in other ways at a later date.    (05)

Neither solution is 100% golden. I'm impressed that you
have come up with method that allows either (or both) to
be employed. That combination might well provide the
best of both worlds.    (06)